Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese and Pea curry) Recipe
Matar Paneer is a very popular dish in northan part of India. Today I will tell you the easiest way to cook Matar paneer. it will take around 30- 40 minutes to make matar paneer.
Ingredients of Matar Paneer
Ginger – 10 gms
Garlic – 6 flakes
Vegetable oil – 1 cup
onions – 2 large (grated)
turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
red chili powder – 2 tablespoon
coriander powder – 1 1/2 tablespoon
cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
salt – 1 tablespoon
tomatoes – 2 large (chopped)
water – 3 cups
peas – 5 cups
garam masala powder :- half tablespoon
coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (chopped)
Tips you should follow before start cooking Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese and Pea curry)
Prepare all the ingredients before start cooking Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese and Pea curry). If you are cooking Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese and Pea curry) first time then don’t think that you will be able to cook it in perfect way. Don’t lose the hope and learn from your mistakes next time you will be able to make it perfect and tasty as well.
- Before start cooking grind ginger and garlic together into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now divide pieces of paneer in different groups.
- Fry paneer in oil until they get a light brown color.
- Note:- usually people use raw paneer. But frying paneer pices before cooking is the correct way.
- Now place cooker on high heat, and heat 2 tablespoon of oil into it.
- Add onions and fry till they get golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and mix them for few seconds. Add chili and turmeric powder into it and mix them.
- Add coriander and cumin powder, salt, tomatoes and 1/4 cup of water.
- Fry them until the tomatoes get pulpy and oil shows separately, you need to cook them at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add peas and fry them for next 2 minutes. When they become little soft then add remaining water into it.
- Close the cooker and increase the heat.
- When pressure inside the cooker comes to its highest point then decrease the heat of the burner. Cook for next 2 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from the heat. Release the pressure and slowly open the cooker.
- Place the open cooker with peas on medium heat and add the paneer into it.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. stir some garam masala powder from the top.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. serve hot with rice or roti.
If you like this Recipe of Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese and Pea curry) then Don’t forget to share it with your friends. keep visiting for more recipes.